Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Which editing software do you use?

Forums View
Started by Newbie ryan.speedtriple , 350 Seed Dec 16, 2017 14:51 Replies : 4 View : 951 Likes : 0
Hi all,
I am currently using a time limited download of Coral paint shop pro 2018. At the moment im struggling to keep the resolution of the imported watch hands from the Gear Res folder. I am used to using PS but not willing to pay the monthly sub until ive asked you all on your thoughts and what you use before spending money. Also what software do you use to draw these assets ?

thanks 

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Dec 16, 2017 21:14 Post #1 0
I use Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere pro (for video), Corel Draw and even Sketchup for some projects. I haven't used Corel Paint shop pro in ages, switched to Adobe years ago and never looked back. But I do use Draw a lot, especially in early stages for making basic watchface concept. I feel it's much more powerful for this purpose, because it has functions such as step and repeat, power clip, better curve handling etc. 

Once I'm happy with the look I export all the graphics and rebuild everything in Photoshop for further work, mostly 3D, lighting, blending etc. And if I'm using animations, then there would be a lot of work done in After effects, but all non-animated graphics I do in Photoshop.

These programs are pricey, and require a lot of experience but they're really top of the heap. I have more than 10 years of experience with them, so don't expect to learn them over night...
Board View
Newbie ryan.speedtriple , 350 Seed Dec 17, 2017 04:38 Post #2 0
Thank you for taking the time to reply and why you use each product.

I agree regarding Adobe products, i have used them in the past and yes they do take getting used to, also their price.

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Dec 17, 2017 20:23 Post #3 0
No problem, you're welcome. I did forget to mention that I use most of these programs for my regular job as well, so I did not get them just for the purpose of designing watchfaces. I guess it depends on how serious you are about GWD and Samsung. If it's just a hobby, then there's not much point in spending all that money on licences.

If I had to chose just one, I guess it would have to be Photoshop, but since I do a lot of animated watchfaces, I really couldn't do without After Effects either. Just those two cost a lot, so it's really hard to give any advice. It also greatly depends on how much money you make or expect to make through Samsung's seller program. 

Board View
Newbie tanglewoodcourt , 260 Seed Apr 12, 2018 14:42 Post #4 0
CLIP STUDIO PAINT Pro $50 or less has the most needed features of Photoshop, can do animations and some simple 3d. It's not the Adobe suite but kicks ass