Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Eclipse configuration error

Forums View
Started by Newbie gre**** , 860 Seed Apr 30, 2018 00:16 Replies : 6 View : 1982 Likes : 1
Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Gear Designer. All went without a hitch. When I first started the application, however, I got an error that I am attaching a screenshot of. Could anyone please help me?

Thank you,

Gabor

gre**** choose Redacted ’s reply as the Best Answer. Redacted earned +250 SEED. Apr 30, 2018 22:13
File Attachments
Board View
Samsung Developer Redacted , 114460 Seed Apr 30, 2018 03:49 Post #1 0
https://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/gear-watch-designer---error-message-on-launch/201/349203?boardName=SDK&startId=zzzzz~&curPage=2
Board View
Newbie gre**** , 860 Seed Apr 30, 2018 22:13 Post #2 1

This content has been quoted from stevenbarlowtx’s thought.

https://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/gear-watch-designer---error-message-on-launch/201/349203?boardName=SDK&startId=zzzzz~&curPage=2

Thank you!

Gabor

Board View
r.liechty_SDP , May 01, 2018 18:44 Post #3 0
HI Gabor,

I apologize that the hyperlinks are working here for some reason.
go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
Download
Mac OS X x64 247.87 MB jdk-8u172-macosx-x64.dmg

The Java 8 version runs 32 bit and 64 bit Java,  the newer versions do not. I think this will be resolved in a future release as eclipse has been fixed.

I'm not on a Mac I hope someone can tell you how to change it.  I remember from back in the day it is pretty easy to do it.

Please post the log file here if that doesn't resolve it.

Ron

Board View
Newbie gre**** , 860 Seed May 01, 2018 23:05 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

HI Gabor,

I apologize that the hyperlinks are working here for some reason.
go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
Download
Mac OS X x64 247.87 MB jdk-8u172-macosx-x64.dmg

The Java 8 version runs 32 bit and 64 bit Java,  the newer versions do not. I think this will be resolved in a future release as eclipse has been fixed.

I’m not on a Mac I hope someone can tell you how to change it.  I remember from back in the day it is pretty easy to do it.

Please post the log file here if that doesn’t resolve it.

Ron

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I have installed java and here is a screenshot of the version onformation in a Terminal window:

gabor@gMac14[~] > /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -version
java version "1.8.0_171"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)
gabor@gMac14[~] >

It seems that this is the 64 bit version. Is it Java 8 though? If it is, and therefore the 32 bit version is also installed, how do I switch to that?

Thank you,

Gabor

Board View
r.liechty_SDP , May 02, 2018 17:23 Post #5 0
HI Gabor,

<< 
Thank you for the response. I have installed java and here is a screenshot of the version onformation in a Terminal window:

gabor@gMac14[~] > /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -version
java version "1.8.0_171"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)
gabor@gMac14[~] >

It seems that this is the 64 bit version. Is it Java 8 though? If it is, and therefore the 32 bit version is also installed, how do I switch to that?
>>

This indeed is Java 8 even though it says version 1.8.0 the Java 8 runtime ran both 64 and 32 bit Java apps. (mixed mode).  

It is possible to have several versions of Java on the same computer. This is most likely just a need to modify the infor.plist for GWD to use the right Java version.

I'm not on a Mac but if I recall right, it is almost impossible to remove the old Java Versions but you can change the infop.plist to the right one

Open ‘Show Package Contents’ Shortcut menu of /Applications/GearWatchDesigner/GearWatchDesigner
You should see an info.plist that is a text file that you can open and set the Java 8 version there.

If that is set right let me know. 

Ron

Board View
Newbie gre**** , 860 Seed May 03, 2018 07:14 Post #6 0
Hello Ron,

Thank you for the note. With your help, I found the info.plist file. I am attaching it (changed the extension to .txt) because I have no clue what to change in it. Could you please provide further help?

Thanks,

Gabor
File Attachments