Galaxy Themes is a premium decorative content service available in 188 countries worldwide.
Apply to become a Galaxy Themes Designer:
※ The next application cycle begins in the third week of February.
What Is Galaxy Themes?
To style up my screens on Galaxy device,
100 million users from 188 various countries visit Galaxy Themes store every month.
If you use a Galaxy mobile device, follow below steps.
long press on the home screen > Tap the Wallpapers or Themes icon > Visit Galaxy Themes
What is the benefits to join as a Galaxy Themes designer?
- Introduce my name and artwork to global Galaxy users
- Expand my portfolio to mobile design artwork
- Earn revenue through selling paid Theme content
We provide Galaxy Themes Studio to encourage global designers to participate in theme development.
- It helps designers with little or no software development experience to create themes.
- You can design a theme using your own artwork, with no coding necessary.
How to join as a Galaxy Themes designer?
1. Register for a Samsung Account
Sign up for a Samsung account (new users only).
2. Apply for a partnership request
Complete the required information and submit the Request page.
*The next application cycle begins the third week of February.
Your portfolio is reviewed.
4. Make Your Own Theme!
Develop a theme using Theme Editor and register it in the Theme Store.
|Is anyone who wants to develop themes allowed to create one?||Only those who have been selected through an internal review are allowed to
develop and register themes.
|How do I apply to become a Theme Developer?||Theme Developer applications open on the third Wednesday of every even-numbered month and remain open for two weeks. You can submit your application in this page.|
|What can I submit as my portfolio?||You can attach a mock-up file containing a home screen, lock screen, and icon in .jpg, .pdf, or .zip format, or provide a URL. You may also submit any
portfolios and designs that you have previously made for mobile devices, such as skins, themes, illustrations, photos, and icons. [Reference template] Make sure that you attach files saved in image format (e.g., .png, .jpg), .pdf format, or .zip
format. If you add a cloud URL, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, we may be unable to review your portfolio.
|What does the review process involve and how long does it take?||We review portfolios based on the following criteria: creativity, originality,
and theme development ability. The result will be sent to the email address you used to submit your application. It may take up to a month for us to notify you of review results.
|Is it possible to be excluded from a review?||Your application may be excluded from a review in the following cases: if you wish to develop a theme for personal use; if you do not submit a portfolio; if you submit an image not created by you; or if you submit the same portfolio
|Why was my theme rejected during review?||To develop and register Galaxy Themes, you must submit a Theme portfolio and apply to be selected through an internal review. Theme developer
applications open on the third Wednesday of every even-numbered month and remain open for two weeks. Once your application is reviewed, you may not qualify for
access to the Theme Editor tool for one of the following reasons:
- You want to develop a theme for personal use.
- You do not submit a portfolio.
- You submit an image not created by you.
- You submit the same portfolio multiple times.
- Your portfolio or request user information is incomplete.
Galaxy Themes Studio
Themes Studio provides support for you to design and develop the following:
- Home screen and lock screen wallpapers
- Approximately 30 Samsung application icons and a tray for them all
- Wallpapers and application icons
- Backgrounds and elements of default applications (such as phone, contacts, messages, email, calculator, alarm clock)
- Sounds (such as ringtones, alarms, touch, dialpad, keyboard, device button press, and delete button press) and select fonts (number and clock fonts)
Galaxy Themes Studio features
Provides intuitive usability
- You can easily change images using the drag-and-drop function.
- You can immediately check changes after editing using Preview.
- You can easily check changes to the device's main applications using the Preview Key Screens menu.
- You can directly check results from the device using the Apply to Device menu.
Supports a wider range of changes than existing launchers
- You can change the images, sounds, and some fonts of 11 pre-installed applications.
Allows designers to create images conveniently
- Theme Editor provides information about the sizes of images to be replaced, so designers can make themes using images optimized for specified devices.
- When creating images, you can download and refer to the original images.
Allows you to easily register new themes in Galaxy Store
- You can immediately upload APK files to Galaxy Store after you create them in Theme Editor.
Themes Studio Layout
Applications to which theme designs can be applied are displayed.
From applications, items to which theme designs can be applied are displayed.
Items to which theme designs can be applied are displayed in detail in the dotted line area.
The edit screen allows you to change the theme images or item colors.
The Preview screen allows you to view the results after you have edited the theme.
Galaxy Themes Magazine
Galaxy Themes publishes Themes magazine to help designers succeed in creating and selling their themes. The magazine is full of theme development and sales tips, popular themes in different countries, and interviews with outstanding theme designers.
(Click the following URL to see more.)
- Galaxy Themes service is available on models from the Galaxy S6 onward that have a display of at least HD resolution. As of January 2020, the service is available in 188 countries, including 120 countries that provide it as a paid service.
- Themes developed using Samsung Mobile Theme Editor can only be sold in Galaxy Store.