Galaxy Themes is a premium decorative content service available in 188 countries worldwide.
The Galaxy Themes Designer Application
Next window of application will open in April.
What Is Galaxy Themes?
To style their screens on Galaxy devices, 100 million users from 188 various countries visit Galaxy Themes store every month.
Follow these steps to get themes on your Galaxy mobile device:
Long press on the home screen > Tap the Wallpapers or Themes icon > Visit Galaxy Themes
What are the benefits of joining as a Galaxy Themes designer?
- Introduce my name and artwork to global Galaxy users
- Expand my portfolio to mobile design artwork
- Earn revenue through selling paid Theme content
We provide the Galaxy Themes Studio to encourage global designers to participate in theme development.
- It helps designers with little or no software development experience to create themes.
- You can design a theme using your own artwork, with no coding necessary.
How to join as a Galaxy Themes designer
1. Register for a Samsung Account
Sign up for a Samsung account (new users only).
2. Apply for a partnership request
Complete the required information and submit the Request page.
Please note that new theme applications are reviewed only during the Themes application window.
Your portfolio is reviewed.
4. Make Your Own Theme!
Develop a theme using Theme Editor and register it in the Theme Store.
Only those who have been selected through an internal review are allowed to develop and register themes.
Theme Developer applications open on the third Wednesday of every even-numbered month and remain open for two weeks. If the submission window is open, you can submit your application in this page.
You can attach a mock-up file containing a home screen, lock screen, and icon in .jpg, .pdf, or .zip format, or provide a URL. You may also submit any portfolios and designs that you have previously made for mobile devices, such as skins, themes, illustrations, photos, and icons. [Reference template] Make sure that you attach files saved in image format (e.g., .png, .jpg), .pdf format, or .zip format. If you add a cloud URL, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, we may be unable to review your portfolio.
We review portfolios based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, and theme development ability. The result will be sent to the email address you used to submit your application. It may take up to a month for us to notify you of review results.
Your application may be excluded from a review in the following cases:
- if you wish to develop a theme for personal use
- if you do not submit a portfolio
- if you submit an image not created by you
- if you submit the same portfolio multiple times
To develop and register Galaxy Themes, you must submit a Theme portfolio and apply to be selected through an internal review. Theme developer applications open on the third Wednesday of every even-numbered month and remain open for two weeks. Once your application is reviewed, you may not qualify for access to the Theme Editor tool for one of the following reasons:
- You want to develop a theme for personal use.
- You do not submit a portfolio.
- You submit an image not created by you.
- You submit the same portfolio multiple times.
- Your portfolio or request user information is incomplete.
Galaxy Themes Studio
Themes Studio provides support for you to design and develop the following:
- Home screen and lock screen wallpapers
- Approximately 30 Samsung application icons and a tray for them all
- Wallpapers and application icons
- Backgrounds and elements of default applications (such as phone, contacts, messages, email, calculator, alarm clock)
- Sounds (such as ringtones, alarms, touch, dialpad, keyboard, device button press, and delete button press) and select fonts (number and clock fonts)
Galaxy Themes Studio features
Provides intuitive usability
- You can easily change images using the drag-and-drop function.
- You can immediately check changes after editing using Preview.
- You can easily check changes to the device's main applications using the Preview Key Screens menu.
- You can directly check results from the device using the Apply to Device menu.
Supports a wider range of changes than existing launchers
- You can change the images, sounds, and some fonts of 11 pre-installed applications.
Allows designers to create images conveniently
- Theme Editor provides information about the sizes of images to be replaced, so designers can make themes using images optimized for specified devices.
- When creating images, you can download and refer to the original images.
Allows you to easily register new themes in Galaxy Store
- You can immediately upload APK files to Galaxy Store after you create them in Theme Editor.
Themes Studio Layout
Applications to which theme designs can be applied are displayed.
From applications, items to which theme designs can be applied are displayed.
Items to which theme designs can be applied are displayed in detail in the dotted line area.
The edit screen allows you to change the theme images or item colors.
The Preview screen allows you to view the results after you have edited the theme.
- Galaxy Themes service is available on models from the Galaxy S6 onward that have a display of at least HD resolution. As of January 2020, the service is available in 188 countries, including 120 countries that provide it as a paid service.
- Themes developed using Samsung Mobile Theme Editor can only be sold in Galaxy Store.