Samsung In-App Purchase for Galaxy Watch
Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) for Galaxy Watch is a payment service that makes it possible to sell a variety of items in applications installed on a Galaxy Watch and internally manages communication with supporting IAP services and the Samsung ecosystem (such as Samsung Account, Samsung Checkout, and Samsung Rewards).
In-App items can be offered as consumable, nonconsumable, or subscription. For example, you can use IAP in the following scenarios:
- An application that enables additional features
- Any application that allows the user to remove ads
- A watch face that offers a free version for a specified time period
- An audiobook application that allows the user to purchase and download new books
- A game that offers new levels to play
- An RPG game that allows the user to buy virtual items
Here are two examples:
Try and buy watch face
Buy an in-app item
Four basic steps to sell in-app items
Develop watch app
Join Seller Portal
Add in-app items
|Download Tizen Extension SDK and integrate IAP into your application.
Download Galaxy Watch Designer and create a watch face with a free trial period.
|Join Samsung Galaxy Store Seller Portal.
In order to charge for your application or in-app item, you must request commercial seller status and register your payment information.
See the Commercial Seller Request Guide.
|Upload your binary file to Samsung Galaxy Store Seller Portal.
You can add in-app items only after you register a binary to which Samsung In-App Purchase is applied.
See the App Registration Guide.
|Add in-app items and register item-related information such as item ID, item title, item type, and price.
See the Item Registration Guide.