Connecting Smart TV and Visual Studio
This blog describes how to deploy and run your application on Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your TV to Visual Studio on the same network.
Developer Mode on the TV
- On the TV, open Smart Hub.
- Select Apps.
- In Apps, enter 12345 using the remote control or the on-screen number keypad. The developer mode configuration popup appears.
- Switch Developer mode to On.
- Enter the IP address of the computer that you want to connect to the TV, and click OK.
- Reboot the TV.
When you open the Apps panel after the reboot, you see Develop Mode at the top of the screen.
Connect TV to Visual Studio
- In the Visual Studio, select Tools > Tizen > Tizen Device Manager.
For Mac users, launch Device Manager.
- To add a TV, click Remote Device Manager and +.
- In the Add Device popup, define the information for the TV you want to connect to, such as the name, IP address, and port number, and click Add. Normally, you just need to put in the IP address.
- In the Device Manager or Remote Device Manager window, select the TV from the list, and switch Connection to On.
When the TV is successfully connected, you can see it on the Visual Studio toolbar.
Now you can launch applications on the TV directly from the Visual Studio.
Note: If the TV target device uses Tizen 4.0, the debug run is not supported. Make sure you run application using
Start Without Debugging (Ctrl+F5).
It's easy to use Visual Studio with your Smart TV. Try it today!