Samsung aims to process personal data of the Business Services users in accordance with the international data protection provisions and the provisions of the Law No. 6698 on Protection of Personal Data (the "KVKK- also known as LPPD in English abbreviation") and other legislation.
We hereby inform you that your personal data that you have provided/will provide to Samsung and/or are obtained externally by any means by Samsung due to your being a Business Services user shall be processed by Samsung acting as of "Data Controller":
- within the framework of the purpose for which they are required to be processed and as relevant, limited, and proportionate to such purpose,
- by preserving the accuracy and the most up-to-date state of such personal data as they have been provided to Samsung by you or otherwise,
- and by complying with the conditions stipulated in the KVKK.
With this KVKK Notification Text (Obligation to Inform Text), it has been aimed to continue and develop the activities carried out by Samsung in accordance with the principles contained in the KVKK.
This KVKK Notification Text may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to the Business Services or changes in the applicable law. We will indicate at the top of this KVKK Notification Text when it was most recently updated. If we update this KVKK Notification Text, we will let you know in advance about changes we consider to be material by placing a notice on the Business Services or by emailing you, where appropriate.
What information do we collect?
Samsung shall process your personal data for the purposes and legal grounds specified in this KVKK Notification Text. If there is any change in the purpose for which your personal data are processed or in the legal grounds thereof, this KVKK Notification Text shall be updated and re-published by Samsung.
We will collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services. Your personal data are collected through electronic media, via all kinds of information, documents and certificates you have submitted to Samsung and collected through the application, both before and after the establishment of the contractual relationship and during such contractual relationship.
- We will collect personal information that you provide, such as your Samsung Account ID, name, email address, country, language, job-related information, and topics you’re interested in;
- We will collect your question details and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We will collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use, information stored in cookies that we have set on your device (such as your IP address and device type), information related to any downloads you make on the Business Services (such as apps and download count), and information about bookmarked pages and shared pages; and
- We will collect information about your participation events, including attendance of events and activities within events.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, such as interested topics, company name, occupation and job level. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use the Business Services. We’ll do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision.
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to identify and authenticate you so you may use the Business Services;
- to provide you with the Business Services;
- to respond to your questions or requests made through or about the Business Services;
- to offer better and more customized services that take into account your service usage record and other relevant information you provide;
- subject to your separate consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to link your Samsung Account to connected features or services, such as the Remote Test Lab service;
- to deliver advertising on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities; and
- other purposes with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described at the time your information is collected.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our Business Services, devices, or other sources to provide you with a better experience. For example, you can use your Samsung Account details not only on the Business Service you registered with, but other services which use Samsung accounts. We also use the information you provide directly or through other sources as described above to provide content you may like or that you’ve personalized.
Samsung processes personal information for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal information includes processing:
Your personal data are processed being limited to the use of the related service/platform; in compliance with the legislation in force and the Law on Protection of Personal Data; by automated or non-automated methods;
- based on your explicit consent, for the purposes of sending commercial electronic messages to you;
- based on Article 5, paragraph 2 of the KVKK, sub-paragraph c), which stipulates ‘if it is necessary to process personal data of contractual parties, provided that such processing is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract’, and sub-paragraph f) thereof, which stipulates ‘if it is mandatory to process personal data for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not violated’: for all collection purposes stated above other than sending commercial electronic messages to you;
and may be updated in line with our obligations arising from the legislation and the company policies.
Your personal data shall be kept for a reasonable period of time until the purpose for which they are processed ceases to exist or until the end of the legal time period specified in the relevant legislation, and in any case until the expiry of the statute of limitations.
To whom do we disclose your information?
The procedures and principles to be applicable to personal data transfers are set forth in Articles 8 and 9 of the KVKK, and the personal data of the data subject may be transferred to third parties in Turkey and/or abroad.
We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide Services or to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide the Business Services:
- Affiliates: Other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own, such as our affiliates who help us operate the Business Services or provide technical support.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with operation of the Business Services and providing analytics. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our business: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Other parties with your consent or at your direction: In addition to the disclosures described in this KVKK Notification Text, we may share information about you with third parties when you separately consent to or request such sharing.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take data protection seriously. We’ve put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we send your data?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this KVKK Notification Text. Such countries include, without limitation, the Republic of Korea, the United States of America, Vietnam, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, India, Brazil, Russia and Poland.
What are your rights under KVKK?
In accordance with Article 11 of the KVKK, you may apply to Samsung and make requests on the following issues about your personal data:
- Learning whether or not your personal data have been processed,
- Obtaining information on the procedure, if your personal data have been processed,
- Learning the purpose for which your personal data have been processed and whether or not they are used in line with such purpose,
- Obtaining information about third parties to whom your personal data are transferred within Turkey or abroad,
- Requesting correction of your personal data if they have been processed incompletely or inaccurately and requesting the notification of third parties to whom your personal data are transferred of the correction made in this respect,
- Requesting deletion, destruction, or anonymization of your personal data if the reasons for which they are processed no longer exist and requesting the notification of third parties to whom your personal data are transferred of such deletion, destruction, or anonymization procedure,
- Objecting to the occurrence of a result which is detrimental to you as a result of analyzing of your processed personal data exclusively through automatic systems,
- Requesting indemnification for your damages which are caused by unlawful processing of your personal data.
Samsung or our Data Controller Representative shall receive and evaluate the data subject requests through the "Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Data Subject Application Form" available on https://www.samsung.com/tr/info/kvkk/. Samsung or our Data Controller Representative shall conclude your application free of charge in accordance with Article 13 of the KVKK according to the nature of the request, and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest. If the request is rejected, the reason(s) for rejection shall be notified to you in writing or electronically together with the relevant grounds.
However, requesting the deletion of your personal information may also result in a loss of access to the Business Services.
How long do we keep your information?
We won’t keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- As required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations;
- Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
What third-party services do we use?
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service. Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access our Business Services
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Business Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Business Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or "pixels") that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Business Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you.
The Business Services may offer choices related to the collection, deletion and sharing of certain information and communications about products, services and promotions. You can access the settings of the Business Services to learn about choices that may be available to you when you use the Business Service. If you decline to allow the Business Services to collect, store or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through the Business Services.
You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
You can contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu,
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
Data Controller Representative
Samsung Electronics Istanbul Pazarlama ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti.
Defterdar Mah.Otakçilar Cad. Sinpaş Flatofis Apt.No.78/46 Eyüpsultan