SDC2017 Registration is Now Open – Technical Sessions and Workshops Announced
Content Manager, Samsung Developer Program
Samsung Developer Conference 2017 registration is now open, and you can take advantage of the early bird pricing if you sign up before July 27th.
Last year, SDC2016 saw more than 100 sessions and 200 speakers over 3 days. We explored the connected future with technical sessions covering topics ranging from Virtual Reality to Internet of Things, Wearables, Enterprise and everything in between.
Continuing with a trend of cutting-edge, and thought-provoking content, SDC 2017 will bring together developers, technologists, innovators and content creators to examine the next wave on intelligent technology and connected thinking. We’ve just announced our first batch of technical sessions. Here are a few we’re excited about:
- Industrial Trend of Intelligence: Past, Present and Future – Join us for a panel where we will discuss the history of the AI industry, practical AI use cases and the future challenges and trajectory of the industry.
- Creating Interactive 360 Video Experiences with Samsung VR* – Come create interactive 360 video experiences for Gear VR using the Samsung VR service! In this hands-on workshop, we will share our best practices for filming 360 video with the Samsung Gear 360 camera and walk you through the interactive 360 video editing process in Samsung VR. We will also discuss advances in the VR video technology and examine benefits of using Samsung VR for your business.
- Progressive Web Apps on Samsung DeX: Next-Level Web Experiences* – Samsung DeX is a new platform that extends the functionality of your Android device to a desktop environment. This hands-on session will enable you to use Samsung DeX for web development, helping you to create progressive web apps that work well across both mobile and desktop. We will provide you with an environment where you can write the code using Web IDE and Termux on Samsung DeX!
- Samsung Internet for Gear VR and the Immersive Web – This talk will cover the evolution of Samsung Internet for VR and how to create cross platform VR content with WebVR. We will go into detail on how to publish and consume VR media on the web and how to create immersive experiences for Gear VR with the Samsung VR controller.
We’ve also announced the Creators Track – a new track featuring unique and inspiring talks from five of the most innovative creators in the world of tech and design. Curated by our partners, FITC, this track will give you a glimpse into the brilliant and creative minds of:
- Anouk Wipprecht (@AnoukWipprecht) – Curator. FashionTech Designer. Engineer.
- Jared Ficklin (@jaredrawk) – Futurist. Creative Technologist. Innovator.
- GMUNK (@GMUNK) – Design Director. Galactic Crusader.
- Neil Mendoza (@neilmendoza) – Artist. Designer. Maker.
- Rama Allen (@MillChannel) – Director. Writer. Photographer.
We can’t wait to share all of this amazing talent with you! To see the rest of our session catalog and to take advantage of our Early Bird registration rates (until July 27th), visit SDC2017.com**. **
*You must pre-register to attend our Pre-Event Hands-On Workshops on October 17th. An additional registration fee of $49 USD per workshop applies to participate in a Pre-Event Hands-on Workshop.