Galaxy Edge(Look) SDK offers specialized widgets that extend the Android View System to make it more usable, visible, and intuitive. It supports the following four features however recently all Samsung Galaxy Devices only follows Edge Singel Plus Mode since 2018.
- Edge Single Plus Mode is a stand-alone view and provides many contents via wide UI. [Figure 1].
- Edge Single Mode is a stand-alone view on the Edge(Curved) screen area.
- Edge Feeds Mode is similar with Edge Single Mode, but with simpler information.
- Edge Immersive Mode is a mode where the main activity uses Edge(Curved) screen area as sub-widow.
Figure 1: Edge Mode
- Overlaid Edge Screen Style: Device with a main screen like a normal device.
- Extra Edge Screen Style: Device with a main screen and an extra screen.
See attached programming guide pdf file for more information.