Convert a Galaxy Watch Studio watch face
To convert a Galaxy Watch Studio watch face:
Launch the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter.
Click ‘Browse’ and select the Author Certificate you used when building the TPK.
a. Enter the correct password to load the author certificate.
Click ‘Browse’ and select the “TPK” watch face file you want to convert.
a. If the selected TPK file passes the author certification, the conversion can continue.
b. After the importing, the package name is automatically changed, if necessary, to conform to the Wear OS policy.
To test whether the watch face runs on Galaxy Watch for Wear OS Powered by Samsung:
a. Connect a Galaxy Watch for Wear OS Powered by Samsung to your computer.
b. In the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter, click “Run on Device” and select the connected watch.
To generate the converted package file:
a. Click ‘Build’.
b. Define a package name for Wear OS Powered by Samsung.
c. Enter your Key Password.
All watch face designers need a certificate. To generate your certificate:
- Click ‘Build’.
- For first time users, select Create new key. For returning users, search for your existing key in the Key Store Path.
- Upload your certificate file and enter your password.
- Enter key store information, key information and your personal information.
- Click Ok.
Due to operating system differences, the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter has several limitations. When you test or build the conversion in the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter, if elements of your watch face cannot be converted, a dialog box appears with the reason:
- Watch faces implementing the Weather API cannot be converted.
- The Galaxy Store In-app-purchase (IAP) feature is removed during conversion, as it is not compatible with Galaxy Watch for Wear OS Powered by Samsung.
- The converted watch face supports the following Samsung Health data only: Steps and Heartrate.
- In Galaxy Watch for Wear OS Powered by Samsung, a special consent is required for a downloaded watch face to receive heart rate updates.
To get the heart rate information updated properly, sellers can guide the customers to the following.
The watch face is only updated with heart rate measure after the consent is given.
If the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter does not support converting your watch face or its features, you can import your Galaxy Watch Studio files to Watch Face Studio and continue developing it for Wear OS Powered by Samsung directly.