Connection Design Guide
Samsung Health's partner apps can connect to Samsung Health with Samsung Health SDK for Android. A partner app needs to inform Samsung Health users that the app connects with Samsung Health and that it shares data.
The Connection Design Guide provides connection flows with unified look and feel for partner apps.
- Notification of Samsung Health connection
- Menu for connecting to Samsung Health
- Permission setting menu
- Samsung Health name and icon
Notification of Samsung Health Connection
The launch screen of a partner app, event pop-up, or information space is a good approach to notify users of connecting with Samsung Health. A partner app needs to inform users with as concrete description and information as possible.
- Do show explicitly a notification of working with Samsung Health as a partner app. The app's launch screen is recommended.
- Do include a concrete description of the data synced with Samsung Health.
- Do show the "Samsung Health" name or its icon. See the naming and icon guide.
- Do add a UI flow to show the data permission pop-up after the notification message.
Menu for Connecting to Samsung Health
A partner app should provide a menu with a convenient interface for the user to change the data sync setting with Samsung Health.
Do create a menu to set the Samsung Health's data permission.
Do use a straightforward menu name like "Connect to Samsung Health". Recommended contents in "Connect to Samsung Health" are:
- Benefits available through Samsung Health connection and the data synced with Samsung Health
- Link to Samsung Health
Do add an option to install Samsung Health through "Connect to Samsung Health" if it is not installed.
Do show a Samsung Health's Data permission popup through the menu.
- Do place "Connect to Samsung Health" where the user can find it easily.
- Do not place "Connect to Samsung Health" under multiple layers that are difficult for the user to find.
Samsung Health Name & Icon
Samsung Health's name and its icon in a partner app should be used properly.
Samsung Health Name - "Samsung Health"
- Do use the name "Samsung Health".
- Do not modify the official name, “Samsung Health”. Examples of what to avoid are:
- S Health
Samsung Health's Icon
- Do use the latest icon. You can get it here. Its official icon is:
- Do not modify the icon.
- Do not use any other resource images of Samsung Health except its icon.
- Do not use the Samsung Health's icon or similar icon for your own application.