Semantic Service SDK helps a software developer to make a TV app more easily with Samsung SDK library APIs and 3rd party web service APIs. So far, it takes much time for a developer to find an appropriate API over the internet, then, to find out how to use it and how to make a program with it.
On Semantic Service SDK for easy use of services,
- a user can search appropriate services (APIs) which he wants to use with a simple keyword,
- a user can evaluate service compatibility and interoperability among services with user-specified criteria,
- a user can validate a service, i.e. is the service available now, what is the return value with this parameters, and
- a user can get sample code snippet of a service by drag-and-drop the service into the editor.
A user is generally considered as a TV app developer here.
Semantic Service SDK provides the following functions.
- It provides the semantic SDK perspective.
- Semantic Service Discovery
- The keyword given by a user will be semantically analyzed, and related services will be searched.
- Semantic Service Matching
- The compatible/interoperable matching between the source service selected by the user and the target service will be evaluated, and the matching results and related information will be provided.
- Service Registry Statistics
- Statistical information about services will be provided graphically.
- Sample code snippets
- A user can drag & drop an API having sample code snippet into any source codes (*html, *.js). It needs for the user to complete the code for his purpose. See more details in Semantic Service Discovery and Semantic Service Matching.
Before the use of this SDK a user is strongly recommended to read preliminaries.
includes HW requirements, configuration setting, and execution of semantic server to support the semantic service SDK.
For a user’s better understanding, video tutorials how to use this tool are found here.