Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer perspective
This document provides a tutorial on how to use Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial explorer perspective which is integrated within SDK IDE.
Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer is a SmartTV SDK feature where you can explore all important tutorials at a single place. Using this feature, you can:
- Explore different SmartTV tutorial applications
- Check the documentation of tutorial applications
- Explore the source code of tutorial applications
- Create a new project using a tutorial application as base template
To use Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer, you will need:
- Samsung SmartTV SDK 5.0 on your machine.
- A working Internet connection to access online documentation and source code.
To view documentation of a tutorial in LINUX, you will need:
- libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 on your machine. Please run sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0.
To open the perspective Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer, go to Window ‣ Open Perspective ‣ Others
It opens a list of all the available perspectives. Select Samsung Smart TV SDK Tutorial Explorer.
To quickly open perspective, click button on the right end of toolbar.
- It lists all tutorials available with SDK.
- To select and explore any tutorial, click on the corresponding item in list.
- Displays the documentation for the selected tutorial application directly from online URL of the application.
- Requires a working Internet connection.
libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 is required on Linux machine to view documentation.
To open source code, right click on the tutorial name in the tutorials list and select View Source Code from context menu.
- Source Code Explorer view gets the latest source code from Internet for the selected tutorial.
- Previously downloaded local version of source code will be shown when Internet connectivity is not available.
- It lists all the files of selected tutorial in tree structure and provides a view to see the code of selected file.
- It supports only textual content. Binary content like images, cannot be previewed.
To open source code, right click on the tutorial name in the tutorials list and select Export to Workspace from context menu.
The Create New Wizard takes following details from tutorial’s configuration file, which can be modified:
- Application name
- Copy right
- Author’s name
- Author’s mail
- Author’s link
- Author’s organisation
It creates new project in the workspace with name given as “New widget name”.
It saves above changes in new project’s configuration file.
Gives a confirmation message at the end with path for new project.
- It also asks user if he wants to switch to Samsung SmartTV SDK perspective for working with new project.