Using Watch Face Studio (WFS), you can define and implement localized content for digital clock components, the app label, style sets, and accessibility (Talkback) text on your watch face.
Digital clock component
WFS content, such as digital clock components, automatically adjusts to match the language setting of the phone that the watch is paired with. In your watch design, select a default language. If the language selected on the phone is not supported by the component, the default language displays instead.
To set the language of a digital clock component:
- Add a digital clock component to your watch face.
- Select the component.
- In the Properties tab, in the Type section, select Time Zone and Local Calendar.
- To open the Language Setting dialog, select Settings.
- Select the languages that you want the component to support.
The app label appears when the user long-presses the screen to change the watch face. The app label is configured when you prepare and build the publishable watch face files for uploading to the Play Store.
To define the app label:
- In the project settings Data tab, create a text ID for the app label text and define the localized versions. For more information, see Project settings.
- When your watch face design is ready, in the menu bar, select Publish.
- In the Publish dialog, in the App label field, select the text ID you want to use as the app label. You can also create a new text ID and select it.
When you define a style set for your watch face, you can add localized text to the style set name.
To add a localized name to a style set:
- In the project settings Data tab, create a text ID for the style set name and define the localized versions. For more information, see Project settings.
- To manage style sets, open the Customization Editor.
- In the Customization Editor dialog, select the style set that you want to configure.
- Select the text ID you want to use with the style set. You can also create a new text ID and select it.
When you define the accessibility (Talkback) descriptions for your watch face, you can include localized descriptions.
For example, to implement a localized description for launching a custom application on a component:
- In the project settings Data tab, create a text ID for the description text and define the localized versions. For more information, see Project settings.
- To add the open custom application functionality to a component, in the component properties, select Apply action > Open app > Custom.
- In the Description field, select the text ID you want to use as the accessibility description. You can also create a new text ID and select it.