Test your watch face
Watch Face Studio (WFS) lets you test your watch face both within the tool and on a device.
Testing in Watch Face Studio
In WFS, preview your watch face in the Run panel on the right side of the screen.
Capture your work
From the Preview window, you can take a screenshot of your watch face preview and save it as an image to your computer. You can use this as the preview image of your watch face when you upload it to the Play Store, for example.
Preview your always-on watch face
When you preview the always-on version of your design, you can check the on-pixel ratio. Keeping this ratio lower than 15% saves battery life.
Preview on watch
Switch to the watch preview to show your watch face with a device and strap. Click through the watch options to preview your watch face on various simulated devices.
Testing on a physical device
It is often useful to test your watch face on a physical watch.
To connect your watch and computer for debugging:
- Enable debugging on the watch.
- Ensure that the watch is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- In WFS, select Project > Run on Device.
- In case of Wear device running Android 11 (API level 30), select + button and enter your watch’s IP address.
- In case of Wear device running Android 13 (API level 33) or Higher, select + button and enter watch’s IP address, IP port, pairing code and paring port of paired device.
- Select OK.
WFS scans for and attempts to connect to the device.