Test your watch face
Watch Face Studio (WFS) lets you test your watch face both within the tool and on a device.
Testing in Watch Face Studio
In WFS, preview your watch face in the Run panel on the right side of the screen.
Capture your work
You can capture a screen shot from a watch face preview and save it as an image. Various capture options are supported: Icon, Screen shot and Masked screen shot. The captured "Icon" and "Screen shot" images are suitable as preview images for your watch face in the Store.
Preview your always-on watch face
You can preview the Always-on version of your design. To check the highest and lowest pixel ratios of the watch face, click Analyze. To extend battery life, keep the ratios below 15%.
Preview on watch
To preview the watch face on a strapped circular device, switch to the watch preview mode. You can configure the watch options to preview the watch face on a variety of simulated devices.
Notes: The preview supports only circular devices.
Testing on a physical device
It is often useful to test your watch face on a physical watch.
To connect your watch and computer for debugging:
- Enable debugging on the watch.
- Ensure that the watch is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- In WFS, select Project > Run on Device.
- In case of Wear device running Android 11 (API level 30), select + button and enter your watch’s IP address.
- In case of Wear device running Android 13 (API level 33) or Higher, select + button and enter watch’s IP address, IP port, pairing code and paring port of paired device.
- Select OK.
WFS scans for and attempts to connect to the device.