- Normally, the title of the app or page appears right in the center of the expanded app bar. Any additional info or notifications are shown below.
- If there's important information users need to see, the name of the app or page can be replaced by a sentence. This is called a dynamic title.
- Dynamic titles can have up to two action buttons below them. If the text is too long to fit in the designated title area, then you can automatically resize it. If it's still too long, use an ellipses or break off some of the information into a subheading beneath the title.
- The action buttons located on the right side of an app bar give users quick access to the main functions on the screen. Functions that are difficult to symbolize as icons can be shown as text buttons.
- Action buttons are optional and can be provided only when necessary. We recommend no more than three buttons on any page.
Action buttons displayed in icons
Action buttons written in texts
- The More options button on the far right side of the app bar provides additional actions, functions, and settings. This menu can be used if the title text is too long to allow for icon buttons, if there are already too many header buttons already, or if you just want a sleek look on the page.
- In One UI, we indicate when an option is on or off in the More options menu with a checkbox.
- Basic layout