- The One UI design system provides guidelines for how to create joyful and comfortable experiences on any device, whether it's a phone, tablet, watch, earbud, or PC. To make sure One UI interfaces and interactions are easy-to-use and intuitive, we follow four core design principles:
1. Focus on the task at hand
- One UI uses simple, intuitive designs to help users focus on content. This also helps them identify the settings and functions they need to accomplish tasks quickly. To keep users engaged in tasks, One UI makes user journeys as short and smooth as possible.
2. Interact naturally
- One UI strings together simple, natural actions and motions to help users quickly navigate tasks without interruptions. To help users interact easily, we've divided the screen into a viewing area at the top and an interaction area below. This puts things like buttons within easy reach, even on large screen devices.
3. Be visibly comfortable
- One UI enhances readability and viewing comfort with features like Dark mode to decrease eye fatigue and glare, a high contrast keyboard for easy typing, and variable font sizes and styles to make text accessible to anyone.
- In addition to the above principles, we also have specific guidelines for the various parts that make up One UI.
Sound & Haptic