Provide clear navigation
The watch's small display can and should display a limited amount of content. It should use a clear information hierarchy so users can understand which information is critical and which is supplementary.
- Provide easy navigation using a simple structure
News Briefing curates news from user-designated categories into a list.
In a detailed news page, content is loaded smoothly within the same page, reducing the navigation depth for a seamless experience.
The image, title, and text are are presented in this order for simple navigation.
Users see an image, read the title, then read the text of a news article.
- Provide clear navigation by displaying only essential information.
Spotify lists music in a simple structure, allowing users to navigate playlists intuitively.
The fixed button on the bottom of each screen takes the user to the song that is currently playing.
Users tap the button at the bottom of the screen to go to the song that is currently playing.
Things to check
- Can users explore your app easily?
- Is there any inconsistency in your navigation flow that deviates from the watch guidelines?
- Does your app provide visual cues for what to do and where to tap?