Samsung, at its sole discretion and without the consent of any other parties, reserves the right to publish, withhold publication, and remove from publication in the Samsung Galaxy Store all applications (apps) submitted for publication and being published. If an app meets all Samsung publication policy requirements, but they do not comply with the local laws or customs of one or more publication countries in the app registration, those countries may be removed from the app’s publication. While the app is published in Galaxy Store, if users find app content or functions to be objectionable to users, to no longer comply with local laws of publication countries, or to no longer comply with Samsung publication policy, Samsung can stop app publication.
All apps must meet the requirements in order to pass publication review for apps to be available in Galaxy Store for download, and have paid app and in-app item sales supported.
This section relates to app operations.
1.1.1 App installation, launch, termination, and uninstallation must succeed without errors.
1.1.2 App features must not crash or cause functional problems.
1.1.3 Apps must not include hidden features.
1.1.4 Trial or beta version binaries must not be submitted.
1.1.5 For apps that require user login, login info (such as user ID and password) for a user account to be used to test the app must be provided during app registration.
1.1.6 Apps must not include malware or viruses.
1.1.7 Apps must not generate icon shortcuts or bundles.
1.1.8 Apps must not initiate or support automatic updates.
1.1.9 Apps must not interfere with the behavior of other apps.
1.1.10 Samsung in-app payment (IAP) is recommended to sell in-app products (such as items and subscriptions) for your safety and convenience.
1.2.1 Apps must be valuable, entertaining, unique, or informative.
1.2.2 Apps must be unique in features and design. Multiple similar apps must not be submitted.
1.2.3 Apps must not contain an excessive number of advertisements, web clippings, website links, or videos that degrade the user experience.
1.2.4 App graphics must be visible.
1.2.5 App text must be readable and not be truncated or distorted.
1.2.6 App screens must fill the device display screen.
1.2.7 Paid apps must not have unreasonably high prices.
1.2.8 Apps that offer app download inside the app are not allowed.
Metadata refers to information about an app (such as title, description, tags, screenshot and seller name).
1.3.1 App metadata must be appropriate for users of all ages.
1.3.2 If app registration specifies two or more publication countries, app metadata must support English as the default language.
1.3.3 App registration preview images, screenshot images, and descriptions must accurately show and describe app functionality.
1.3.4 If an app provides in-app item purchases or advertisements, this must be accurately shown and described in the app registration preview images, screenshot images, and descriptions.
1.3.5 App metadata must not include irrelevant, misleading, or fraudulent keywords.
1.3.6 App registration must specify the age rating and categories that are appropriate for the app.
If app registration does not specify them, Samsung can change them appropriately.
1.3.7 Metadata must not promote other app stores, or mobile platforms.
1.3.8 URLs must not cause functional problems and the web resources of URLs must not contain content that violates App Distribution Guide requirements (including, but not limited to, malware and inappropriate or no content).
1.4.1 Apps must not make sounds in silent mode.
1.4.2 Apps must not change default settings of the user device.
1.4.3 Apps must not restart the user device.
1.4.4 Apps must not cause problems for embedded device features (including, but not limited to, Bluetooth, G-sensor, Wi-Fi, Camera, Call, Volume/Hold Key, Alarm, and SMS/MMS).
1.4.5 Apps must not cause problems for hardware and system events.
1.4.6 Apps must not crash when the user device is rotated and when device accessories (including, but not limited to, earphones) are plugged into or unplugged from the device.
1.4.7 Apps must not consume excessive battery current, generate excessive heat, or rapidly drain the user device battery.
This section relates to app material and actions.
If app content violates local laws or customs, Samsung may suspend app publication or remove countries from app publication.
2.1.1 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage overt sexual concepts or content (including, but not limited to, explicit nudity, exposed male or female genitalia, pornography, pedophilia, bestiality, sexually explicit behavior, and sexually suggestive poses).
2.1.2 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage exploitative sexual behavior (including, but not limited to, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and bestiality).
2.1.3 Apps must not provide a method to access websites that have a sexual emphasis (including, but not limited to, adult friend finder and dating websites).
2.2.1 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage murder, suicide, torture, or abuse.
2.2.2 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage violence or criminal behavior that could instigate a crime.
2.2.3 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage violent threats toward people or animals.
2.2.4 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage recklessly gruesome content (including, but not limited to, excessive bleeding).
2.2.5 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage use in the real world of weapons, bombs, terrorist actions, or other dangerous objects.
2.2.6 Apps must not contain content that could lead to self-harm, choking, serious injury, or death.
2.3.1 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage the illegal use of alcohol, tobacco (including electronic cigarettes), or drugs.
2.3.2 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage the sale of alcohol, tobacco (including electronic cigarettes), or drugs to minors.
2.3.3 Apps must not encourage excessive consumption of or make unnecessary references to alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
2.3.4 Apps that present medical information to users must notify users that the medical information could be inaccurate.
2.3.5 App content must not contain unauthorized drugs, regulated drugs, dietary supplements, or products with names or designs that can cause user confusion.
2.4.1 Apps must not visually or audibly present content that could defame (by slander or libel) individual persons or groups of people based on race, gender, sexual preference or identity, ethnicity, nationality, disability, religion, political identity, or ideology.
2.4.2 Apps must not visually or audibly present excessively unpleasant, repellent, obscene, or vulgar language or expressions.
2.4.3 Apps must not visually or audibly present offensive, discriminatory, or inflammatory content about specific religious, social, or political parties, groups, or concepts.
2.4.4 Apps must not visually or audibly present content that reasonable public consensus may find to be improper or inappropriate.
2.4.5 Apps must meet all applicable censorship requirements of the countries the apps are published in (including, but not limited to, political, social, conflict, and security censorship).
2.5.1 Apps must not offer or provide users with real money, electronic money, or prizes that have any monetary value (including, but not limited to, gift cards and household appliances).
2.5.2 Apps must not promote or enable gambling (including, but not limited to, lotteries, casino activities, sweepstakes, and sports betting).
2.5.3 For game apps with an 18+ age restriction that are published in South Korea, the apps must be granted Game Rating and Administration Committee (GRAC) rating certificate.
On a case-by-case basis and subject to applicable laws and other criteria, local Samsung subsidiaries may approve apps.
2.6.1 Apps with user-generated content must have a mechanism to filter restricted content from the app.
2.6.2 Apps with user-generated content must provide measures to resolve intellectual property infringement.
2.6.3 Apps with user-generated content must provide users with a method and instructions to report to the app’s registering person or entity issues of restricted content or intellectual property infringement.
2.7.1 Ads must be clearly identified as ads and must not harm app or device usability.
2.7.2 Ads must provide close and skip buttons and make them clearly visible.
2.7.3 The content of ads must be appropriate for the app’s age rating.
2.7.4 Apps must not contain or present ads that have the following types of content:
• Violence toward or abuse of humans or animals
• Sexual content (including, but not limited to, pornography, pedophilia, and bestiality).
• Websites that have a sexual emphasis or adult toys, videos, or products (including, but not limited to, adult friend finder and dating websites)
• Ads in Kids category apps that contain content that is not appropriate for children
• Obscene, vulgar, or inappropriate language
• Defamatory, libelous, slanderous, or unlawful content
• Promotion of or unnecessary references to alcohol, tobacco (including electronic cigarettes), and drugs
• Offensive references or discrimination towards individual persons or groups of people based on race, gender, sexual preference or identity, ethnicity, nationality, disability, religion, political identity, or ideology
• Overtly political communication
• Illegal activities, services, or substances
• Description, depiction, or encouragement of illegal substances
• Illegal, false, or deceptive investment or money-making advice, promotions, or opportunities
• System notifications, push notifications, or similar notifications without user consent
• Pharmaceutical products that are not certified in the countries that the apps are published in
• Content that reasonable public consensus may find to be improper or inappropriate
This section relates to lawful matters.
In addition to the requirements below, apps must comply with the local laws of the country of sale. Be sure to check each country’s local laws.
3.1.1 Apps that access, collect, use, transmit, or share user data (including, but not limited to, user location, calendar, and SMS/MMS information) must comply with all applicable local laws, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Samsung Service Terms and Conditions.
• Collected user data items and types
• Purposes of using user data
• List of third-parties with which the app shares user data and shared data types
• User data items and data types that the app shares with third-parties
• User data retention period and user data deletion (for example, upon account deletion or app uninstallation)
• User data-related privileges (such as reading, revising, or deleting data) that can be requested by users
3.1.5 Apps must not access, collect, use, transmit, or share user data without legitimate user consent in accordance with local laws.
3.1.6 Apps must not require that the user grant more permissions or provide more personal information than the minimum necessary for the app to successfully support its features.
3.1.7 Apps must not display advertisements or push messages based on user data without first getting user consent to do so.
3.1.8 Apps must not initiate or support security warnings or malicious means that try to get user data.
3.2.1 Apps must not copy aspects of any app published in Galaxy Store.
3.2.2 Apps must not support the download of any other app by a direct method from inside the app (for example, through an APK).
3.2.3 Apps must not display, depict, or use any Samsung identifiers (including, but not limited to, Samsung brand names, logos, trademarks, and service marks).
3.2.4 Apps must not contain any reference that suggests that the app or its registering person or entity has a relationship with Samsung or misleads users about any Samsung device.
3.2.5 Apps that include Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) must comply with applicable open source software license terms and conditions.
3.2.6 Apps must not include, present, or use any material whose use is protected by the laws of any country that the app is published in (including, but not limited to, copyrighted, trademarked, and patented material) without first getting the permission of the rightful owner, maintain evidence of the permission, and must present a copy of the permission to Samsung.
App content must not contain protected or slightly modified material without the owner’s consent, including, but not limited to:
• Business names, trademarks, service marks, colors, fonts, or logos that can mislead users
• Watch brand names or logos, styles, or inspired designs
• Sports club names or logos, or official colors or design
• Names, images, and other content protected by intellectual property rights and publicity rights (for example, from movies, TV, and game guides)
• Fan-made content
• Protected logos or brand names of products (including, but not limited to automobiles, motorcycles, handbags, and cameras)
• Images of products (including, but not limited to, automobiles, motorcycles, cameras, and handbags) when the product brand can be identified
• Images of private buildings not visible from a public space, and copyrighted images of any building or structure (for example, St. Peter’s Basilica, illuminated Eiffel tower, and the Empire State Building)
• Works, names, photos, likenesses, or signatures of any person or celebrity (generally, while they are living or less than 70 years after their death)
3.2.7 For apps that include, present, or use material protected by the laws of the countries that the app is published in, or support a method to share or download material not owned by the person or entity who registered the app, the person or entity must first get the permission of the rightful owner, maintain evidence of the permission, and must present a copy of the permission to Samsung.
If you find protected material inappropriately inside a Galaxy Store app or inappropriately available via a Galaxy Store app, please directly contact the app seller to resolve the issue. In the case that the seller cannot be reached, you can report the violation here.
3.3.1 Apps published in the Kids category of Galaxy Store:
• Must comply with applicable children’s privacy laws and statutes of the countries that the apps are published in (including, but not limited to, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
• Must be designed for children under 13 years of age.
• Must not contain links to outside of the app.
3.4.1 Apps must comply with all local laws of the countries that the apps are published in.
3.4.2 Apps must observe and comply with all legal requirements and local customs of the countries that the apps are published in.
3.4.3 For apps published in South Korea:
• Apps must comply with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, and all other relevant Republic of Korea laws.
• App registration must specify the required and optional permissions and describe why and how they are used.
3.4.4 Apps must not visually or audibly present or encourage any type of the following content:
• Pharmaceutical products that are not certified in the countries that the apps are published in.