Flutter for Tizen
Flutter for Tizen is an extension to the Flutter SDK for building Flutter applications for Tizen devices. Samsung Smart TV based on Tizen supports Flutter since Tizen 6.0. You can develop and release Flutter applications to this device.
Flutter supports the followings:
- Supports one-source, multi-platform applications: Android / iOS / Windows / macOS / Linux / Web and Tizen
- Multiple devices can give the same user experience with the same UI.
- Supports fast development using hot reload and native code level performance.
If you want to know Flutter in detail, visit Flutter official site.
You can refer to the following documents when you develop and build Samsung Smart TV applications using Flutter SDK.
Flutter general development guides, tests, and debugging
The official package and plugin repository and usage guides for Flutter applications.
An extension to the Flutter SDK for building Flutter applications for Tizen devices including Samsung Smart TVs.
Flutter plugins for Tizen and its guides
Samsung Smart TVs support Flutter framework since Tizen 6.0. You can refer to the TV year models.
Setting up Environment
In order to develop a Flutter application for Samsung Smart TVs, you must set up Flutter application development environment. A Flutter application project must be created through Flutter-Tizen. You can refer to the following guides for this settings.
When your application needs to interact with input device, the following guides may be helpful.
- Applications for TV need to respond to remote control input.
- Getting key input:
- Remote control key value is converted to the keyboard key value. You can refer to the remote control key conversion table of Samsung Smart TVs.
- Flutter engine automatically applies blur to a focused widget.
- Depending on the UX design of your application, the effect may not be clearly visible.
- Refer to the page listed below if you want to apply clearer effect to the focused widget.
NoteThe property name is different for each widget type. (
- Understanding Flutter's focus system
- MaterialStateProperty: Example of changing color when widget is focused.
Video App Sample
- Share the video sample that will be used the most among TV applications.
You can build a Flutter application and create a tpk package by build command.
flutter-tizen build tpk -ptv
You can publish Flutter applications to Samsung Smart TV Apps. You can refer to Flutter-Tizen github for the detailed guides about how to distribute Flutter applications to Samsung Smart TVs.