The TV extension for Tizen Studio enables you to create applications for Samsung TVs.
TV Extension Image 7.0.1 Download
New and Changed Features
TV Extension 7.0.1
- Support for 3840x1080 px (32:9 aspect ratio) screen resolution has been added to the TV Emulator.
- Support for 2560x1080 px (21:9 aspect ratio) application resolution has been added to the TV Emulator.
- Updated the Tizen application installation policy. Since TV Extension 7.0.1, only applications signed with a Samsung certificate can be installed on the TV Emulator.
Tizen Studio IDE
- Support for developing applications with 21:9 aspect ratio that display on 32:9 aspect ratio screens has been added.
- To add support for 21:9 aspect ratio to an existing application, include the following metadata key in its "config.xml" file:
<tizen:metadata key="http://tizen.org/metadata/app_ui_type/base_screen_resolution" value="extensive"/>
- Support for 3840x1080 px (32:9 aspect ratio) screen resolution has been added.
- Support for 2560x1080 px (21:9 aspect ratio) application resolution has been added.
- 4K video playback is not supported.
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) is not supported.
- Video seeking is not supported if another video has not completed playback.
- The search feature in the Apps menu is not functional in the TV Emulator.
- The application "Lock/Unlock" feature is not functional in the TV Emulator.
- The following Samsung Product Web APIs are not supported by the TV Emulator:
getTunerEpop()method of the ProductInfo API
getDolbyDigitalCompMode()method of the AvInfo API
- Billing API
- Sso API
- Document API
- Syncplay API
- SystemControl API
- Timer API
- The following TizenFX TV APIs are not supported by the TV Emulator:
- The following Samsung Product Web APIs are not supported by the TV Simulator:
- Broadcast API
- AVPlayExtension API
- RemotePower API
- On a macOS computer, a Java installation error occurs if Tizen Studio is not installed in the "home" directory/folder (default folder). This issue is to be resolved in the next release.
- On Windows computers, the TV Simulator can unexpectedly terminate when testing Web applications containing videos.
- With Visual Studio Tools for Tizen, when running a memory profiling session with the OpenTK Sample application:
- Stopping the profiling session causes the application to freeze.
- Terminating the OpenTK Sample application is not possible.
- In the Tizen Studio IDE, the "Run As > Tizen Web Unit Test Application" feature is not supported.
- Sometims ,when voice guide is enabled and the TV Emulator instance is rebooted, the emulator can run slowly and the voice guide can stop working. Disable voice guide and reboot the emulator.
- When multiple applications are installed on the TV Emulator, the applications can be missing from the Apps menu. Return to the TV home screen and open the Apps menu again.
- Sometimes ,sound distortion might occur when testing the text-to-speech (TTS) features with the TV Emulator.
- If you use a MacBook Pro which has both Intel HD and NVIDIA® GPUs, the TV Emulator can be unexpectedly terminated when it is executed with "OpenGL ES Ver" set to "v1.1 & v2.0". Check the emulator configuration in the Emulator Manager, and on the "General" tab in the "Emulator Configuration" window, set "OpenGL ES Ver" to "v2.0 & v3.0".