This topic introduces JuvoPlayer, an application-level software package implementing media playback features on Tizen .NET TV.
The JuvoPlayer application package for Tizen .NET TV is an open source project that showcases Tizen .NET TV media playback features. You can study it as a sample Tizen .NET TV application, integrate the code into your own applications, or use it as a starting point for developing custom TV application features.
JuvoPlayer enables you to:
- Customize application function and overcome common device compatibility issues between TV platforms, using the following features:
- Elementary stream operations through simple APIs for media decryption and playback
- Application-side support for streaming protocols, such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, and RTP/RTSP
- Custom native libraries, such as FFMPEG, bundled with application files
- Develop your GUI using various toolkits:
- XamarinForms in C# language
- Tizen-supported OpenGL® ES in C# and C++ languages
- Other toolkits compatible with Tizen .NET TV
JuvoPlayer is supported on 2019 and later Samsung Smart TV models.
Hosted on GitHub
The JuvoPlayer source code and documentation are available on GitHub.